Whole Foods Market US and Canada Candidate Privacy Notice
Last Updated: June 15, 2021
We know that you care how we use information about you and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Whole Foods Market US and Canada Candidate Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how Whole Foods Market Services, Inc. and its Whole Foods Market and Allegro Coffee-branded affiliates (“Whole Foods Market”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) collect, use, and share (collectively “Process”) the personal information of job candidates who apply for positions at Whole Foods Market locations in the United States or Canada.
Job candidates who apply for positions at Whole Foods Market locations in the United Kingdom, please see the “Fresh & Wild EU Candidate Privacy Notice” for information about how your personal information is Processed.
Collection and Processing of Your Personal Information
The categories of personal information about you that we may collect and Process include, but are not limited to:
• information and documents regarding identity, including name, Social Security Number, driver's license numbers;
• contact information, including home address, phone/mobile/fax number, e-mail address;
• demographic information, including gender, date of birth, citizenship;
• responses to screening questions and assessment results;
• background check information;
• previous employment information, including date of hire, job title, department and business unit, salary, work location, work status (e.g., full time/part time);
• information pertaining to work preferences, skills, and abilities;
• resume information, including education, past work experience, and references;
• job interview notes and recordings;
• information regarding a job candidate’s interaction with Whole Foods Market websites, applications, or advertisements;
• cookies, beacons, pixel tags, or similar technologies;
• online identifiers and internet protocol addresses;
• username and password for Whole Foods Market job candidate-related accounts;
• information about certain health conditions (where relevant and in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws);
• travel and expense-related information; and
• any other information you may provide in connection with your candidacy for employment.
Whole Foods Market may Process your personal information for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
• administering the application and recruitment process (e.g., setting up a job applicant HR file; managing your application; conducting assessments; organizing interviews, including arranging and reimbursing for travel; providing accommodations; processing interview feedback; on-boarding; conducting background checks and screening);
• communicating with you about other Whole Foods Market job opportunities;
• meeting recordkeeping and internal and external reporting responsibilities;
• complying with legal obligations;
• pursuing or defending against legal actions or claims; and
• protecting the rights, property, life, health, security, and/or safety of us or any third party.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be shared within Whole Foods Market and with affiliates where it is lawful to do so and for legitimate business purposes.
We use third parties to provide services in connection with the application and recruitment process. In providing such services, your personal information may be shared with and Processed by those service providers on behalf of Whole Foods Market for the purposes of providing services to Whole Foods Market.
In other circumstances, we may share your personal information with third parties that may use and Process the personal information for their own purposes, including, but not limited to:
• Insurance companies;
• Governmental organizations or agencies, including law enforcement;
• External advisors (such as legal advisors, accountants); and
• Employee benefits providers.
Personal information may also be shared with another organization in the event of a merger or change of ownership of all or part of Whole Foods Market.
Candidates Located Outside the United States
If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that personal information that is collected from or about job candidates will be transferred to, and Processed in, the United States. The data privacy laws in the United States may be different from those of the country in which you are located. Your providing us with any information constitutes your consent to the transfer to, and Processing of, your personal information in the United States as set forth in this Privacy Notice. We will take reasonable care to ensure that your personal information is treated fairly and lawfully.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
How is My Personal Information Secured?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, including security measures to protect against unlawful or unauthorized Processing of personal information, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal information.
What Are My Rights Under Applicable Data Privacy Laws?
Depending on the laws of the country/state/province where you reside, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, such as the right to access or correct your personal information. For questions about, or to exercise, the applicable privacy rights in your country/state/province, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions and Queries
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or about how Whole Foods Market collects, uses, or shares your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may not respond to all requests or inquiries.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may decide to change this Privacy Notice. You should check this Privacy Notice frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information that we have about you.